- remembering Roi and celebrating the day with my son, who's middle name is Leroi after him. #forevermoore #
- My Top 3 #lastfm Artists: Roger Waters (34), William Shatner (20) & Lettuce (16) #tweeklyfm http://t.co/GrSdmnTC #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 1 hour and 1 min and 26 sec and felt injured. ow, ow, ow. should have probably skipped today. f'… http://t.co/loABw1S7 #
- wow, keypresses are a lot easier to wire up in jQuery that I would have thought. one more thing crossed off a long list. #
- yeah, running this morning was mistake. walking getting be a chore. ow ow ow. #
- My training last week: 8 workouts for 34.15 mi and 4097 calories burned http://t.co/QePDvuJh #
- #2 kid in a good mood, howling his head off for the last hour. #
- I Don't Care if the Olympics Are Over, I'm Still Giving This Person a Medal! http://t.co/e49s2RgV #
- ok people, I'm just as sick road construction as the rest of you. please just suffer like the rest of us and stop merging at the last second #
- also, please don't stop in the middle of the street to let you passenger out when there's ample parking street available. #
- impressed by the dexterity of the huge cement mixer depositing a load in the street repair outside my window. #
- Men at Lunch: A Documentary About One of the Most Iconic Photos Taken in NYC http://t.co/cnxOOnBH #
- on drive home… why am I so hot? a/c cranked. get home. 101 degree fever. just in time for the weekend. #wtf #
- Fiddlesticks. Fever up to 103. I really don't want go to urgent care. #bomb #
- fever eventually broke around midnight. phew. now I just feel like I've been run over by a big truck. guess that's improvement. #
- Oh snap, witching hour. Fever roaring back. Up to 103 again, damnit. #
- At urgent care. My favorite place to be on a Saturday night. Good sized crowd. #
- Man glad I get good 3g in the waiting room. #boredtotears #
- Should have brought a pillow #
- Just fever? Strange. Lets take some blood. #
- 3 hours later, probably just a virus. Just stick to ibuprofen and Tylenol. Checked with temp of 102.1 and out with 98.9. #
- still achy as hell, but no fever this morning. maybe urgent care scared it away? #fingerscrossed #
- My Top 3 #lastfm Artists: Lettuce (21), Red Hot Chili Peppers (16) & B.B. King (16) #tweeklyfm http://t.co/GrSdmnTC #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 56 mins and felt alright. tired. http://t.co/CFIMDaEZ #
- My training last week: 9 workouts for 39.34 mi and 4740 calories burned http://t.co/QePDvuJh #
- great! another water main break. let the jackhammers begin! #
- Auto-delete a DMG file when ejecting a disk image http://t.co/f0fPVVWu not sure if cool or scary. #
- thoroughly enjoyed lunch with @senatordolan at LLL. 'The Big Pig' is highly recommended. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 56 mins and felt alright. youch! severe nipple chaffage. http://t.co/XrqSKate #
- Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor http://t.co/2hZt1uYi tempting… #
- Music FAILS: Orange Orange http://t.co/yAnJ4RDB #
- FYI- @kpitzy grows a mighty tasty tomato. #
- Out walking with mr luke #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 57 mins and felt blah. sore and sleepy from lack of good rest. http://t.co/8jOeJmGf #
- App Store – The Simpsons™: Tapped Out http://t.co/GHExRHnn why was I not made aware of this? #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 59 mins and felt alright. wow, that's slow. perhaps I was actually asleep? http://t.co/QCcK2XDk #
- 10 second tilt shift.. http://t.co/AC8neA7W #
- skipped the run today. back still sore. not sure why. #
- so, getting caught up on house paper work. eff'n bills. #
- trying @spotify. kinda nice, but adlibbing a station from metallica master of puppets album gave me q-tip, pearl jam, beck, and oasis. huh? #
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished http://t.co/SQUTDqXc #
- October already? http://t.co/h4gAGolc #
- 8 month old just woke up and is now wide awake #troubleahead .. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 58 mins and felt alright. 55 degrees was pretty nice change. Back still sore tho, nuts. http://t.co/OPdSRjcJ #
Earlier, we did a family outing to Onondaga Park (not that one, this one.) After some minor frustration with all the one way signs in the park, we figured out that things were a little more convoluted because of some paving going on Roberts Ave which borders the park.
The Mrs. was pushing Luke in the stroller and Jilly and I were walking. It turns out we got an up close view of the grinder machine that was chewing up the old pavement. Jilly enjoyed seeing the old pavement piling up in the dump trucks and them switching every few minutes as they filled up. We then set off to catch up with the Mrs. who was a ways ahead of us on the road.
Jilly did a great job walking and got almost all the way around the park. Normally, she’ll only go about half that far before she starts begging to be carried. With the Mrs. not in sight, we took a shortcut through the middle of the park and caught up with her and Luke.
Just as we were about to start back to the car, a large excavator rolled toward us. As it got near, I told Jilly to wave at the driver. He waved back, and pulled to a stop right beside us. He then leaned over and asked, “Hey, would she like to see in the inside of the cab?” I asked Jilly if she wanted to, and she got kinda nervous and said no. I said, “I think she’s a little scared, but thanks for the offer.” He said, “well let me show her some tricks with the bucket.”
In the 30 seconds the conversation was going on, a van pulled up and was waiting for us. The excavator was blocking part of the road and we were on the other side of the road. We moved out of the way and the excavator driver waved the van through. The van hesitated for a while and then pulled up next to the excavator, rolled down their window and proceeded to curse out the driver for blocking the road (yeah, with me, the Mrs, and the kids right there.)
The excavator driver encouraged the van driver to just let it go and move on but he was already offended and proceeded to get out of his car and tried to talk the guy out of his machine for fisticuffs or something worse. But, the excavator driver (who probably sees this all the time) just blew him off. After some more threats and f-bombs, the guy eventually got back in his car.
The excavator driver gave us a little show, raising and lower the bucket, and opening and closing its claw. Jilly was still kinda nervous to really enjoy the show after the offer to see the cab, and all the shouting back and forth.
We hurried out before the situation got any more heated. I don’t think Mr. Van guy wasn’t really in that much of a hurry, because he sat parked for 5 minutes as we packed up the kids, and then spent another 5 minutes parked further down the road, yelling at some other workers on the site before he made it out of the park.
Its pretty sad that some jerk ruined all the fun for my kids. I solute the City of Syracuse excavator driver for stopping to have a little fun and not letting the bad situation get ugly. Maybe it sounds silly, but I might try to track him down and send him a thank you.
All can say for Mr. Van Driver is that I hope his day got better after all that.
- My Top 3 #lastfm Artists: Beastie Boys (45), Black Eyed Peas (17) & Garbage (15) #tweeklyfm http://t.co/GrSdmnTC #
- Special at my church! Have kid baptized, get a free renewal of your wedding vows. #
- … Cue Jason fumbling through my vows again. Oh well, guess it was time to re-up my contract anyway… #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 55 mins and felt good. better after a few days off from running. http://t.co/uESX7DyJ #
- pretty awesome sunrise this morning too. #
- High School Kids Are Upset That Olympians Get To Wear Jewelry http://t.co/q0dpDAMN comic gold. #
- whoa, I'm eating fruit cocktail. yea, me! #
- preparing to sleep off a fab lunch from the Mission. happy birthday @tiffrogers78! #
- My training last week: 4 workouts for 23.16 mi and 2908 calories burned http://t.co/QePDvuJh #
- Can you hear me now? Ah nope, zero bars for virgin mobile at my house. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 54 mins. refreshingly cool. http://t.co/LsWo9c2W #
- cool. didn't realize that on my last run, finally broke 100 miles for the year. #
- One Race, Every Medalist Ever – Interactive Graphic – http://t.co/chr4UUjy http://t.co/YxPsrsoS #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 56 mins and felt blah. tired. http://t.co/FNZmWyOH #
- Undercover 5: the best way to secure and recover a stolen Mac http://t.co/PrM4ZIBo check out the 'Plan B' feature. #
- An Unexpected Ass Kicking http://t.co/T57aXp5p "Do things that have never been done." #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 57 mins and felt alright. tired, but nothing sore. that's probably a good thing. http://t.co/fu0CfZrV #
- High Speed Video of Flipping Cats | Smarter Every Day 58 – YouTube http://t.co/9JcZhl0h #
- yep, the tower climbing video is back! http://t.co/VXnXuqS7 #
- Via @nprnews: 5 Ways To Avoid Being Hacked http://t.co/Ak9cmQlg #
- Water Light Graffiti http://t.co/DeIWIhb7 #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 53 mins and felt alright. surprisingly fast for run in the rain. http://t.co/KLr1BQsj #
- just finished the backbone.js course at codeschool. my transcript is filling in nicely: http://t.co/jyZp27K7 #
- digit will not be having a good day. cats that wake me 5 times a night will not be allowed to nap during the day. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 57 mins and felt alright. oddly slow and tired after a day off. http://t.co/ds7t62Kq #
After a long break (mostly centered around the arrival of kid #2), I’ve been able to start running again. Here’s a few related thoughts:
- I didn’t forget how to run. I was a little worried that picking up running again would be like starting from scratch. I was pleasantly surprised that I could jump back into 4-ish mile runs without much hassle.
- Running is still hard. Even though I’m not starting from scratch, running still isn’t all that fun or enjoyable while you’re doing it.
- Hills still stuck. I live on a hill, so there’s always climbing on the way out, or on the way back. I much prefer the former to the latter.
- The only thing that motivates me to run is running. Trying to get out for the first couple of runs was way harder than running after those first few runs.
- Running is still a great stress reliever and mood booster. I feel a lot more calm and less twitchy on running days. I also tend to eat less.
Keeping my fingers crossed that things will stay relatively calm at home and I keep pounding out the miles. Wish me luck!
- My Top 3 #lastfm Artists: Dave Matthews Band (80), Beastie Boys (15) & Joss Stone (14) #tweeklyfm http://t.co/GrSdmnTC #
- first tweet from the other side. the mountain lion side, that is. #
- hmm. wonder where my twitter avatar went to… #
- hmm. I think the osx twitter client wants to use my login avatar, which I didn't set, until just now. #
- a little quiet time with Mr. Luke. hopefully, it'll cool down enough to take hime for a backpack walk later. #
- finally fully drinking the kool aid and trying the apple email program. mainly, so the notification center shows me something useful. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 55 mins and felt good. slightly more rested than usual. http://t.co/MRqJCt1d #
- My training last week: 4 workouts for 15.97 mi and 1986 calories burned http://t.co/QePDvuJh #
- seeing how much I like mountain lion's message app, compared to adium that I've been using for years. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 56 mins and felt alright. tired from cat waking me up constantly last night. http://t.co/X8tVGe3Z #
- annoying noise pollution from jack hammers absent today. filling is the giant paper destruction truck. argh. #
- I love the farmers' market. about 15 lbs of produce was only $10. grilled veggie salad coming up. #
- Hmm. 6 minute wait for elevator. Houston, we have a problem. #
- And after another 2 minutes an elevator makes it down to the lobby. Wtf? #
- Storm chaser part I http://t.co/WXiR66S6 #
- Storm chaser part II http://t.co/f4PEyhPb #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 56 mins and felt alright. slog, slog, slog, again. http://t.co/Qgp540TY #
- Mowed the lawn for the first time in 6 weeks. Some areas dead, a few choice spots overgrown. #
- Listening to the crazy loud crickets and cicadas out in the yard. #
- Ran 5.79 miles in 57 mins and felt alright. man, more tired than I thought. http://t.co/6PUPXKrY #
- Man Creates Life-Size Wall-E That Tugs the Heartstrings http://t.co/03VX1IAw #
- Coachella 2011 – The Black Keys LIVE – YouTube http://t.co/m5YJVSqf #
- holy hot, bat man. 94 officially, but my personal outdoor thermometer reports 101. glad I did my pre-party grilling earlier. #